RF-104G 21+09 MFG 2 landing during "BestFocus" at Eggebek AB in June 1980

RF-104G, construction number 683D-6639, model 683-04-10, built by FIAT (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino)
manufactured by Italian Group (ARGE-Italien); RF-104G production in photoreconnaissance version
coded KC+142 first flight December 3, 1964 at FIAT, Turin-Caselle
project "Earl" (for MFG 2) with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system installed
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date April 6, 1964 by BABwFIAT
VB+203 to MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date April 12, 1965
21+09 Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3" in 1970
MBB on March 2, 1979 for the MARINE-Recce version "TA-1401" with Side Oblique Camera (SOC) KS-87B, back to MFG 2 on May 3, 1979
August 18, 1982 to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment according tech order "TA-1469"
withdrawn from use at LwSchleuse 11 on January 15, 1986; struck off charge order (AVA) June 11, 1986
with 3.149 flight hours to Hellenic Air Force coded as "FG-639" on June 24, 1986 to the 116 Wing at Araxos AB
operated by the 335 Mira 1991 coded as "FG-6639"
last flight from 116 CW to 132 CG (Agrinion HAF Detachment) on April 1, 1993 and withdrawn from use
stored at Agrinion AB in May 1998 noted; preserved as display coded "FG-6639" at Agrinion AB; preserved October 2015 noted
6639 was moved from Agrinion to Araxos for 116 CW in October 2015; stored for restoration at Araxos AB September 2017 last noted.

copyright © Peter Mühlböck collection