RF-104G 21+22 Marinefliegergeschwader 2 (MFG 2)

RF-104G, construction number 683D-6677, model 683-04-10, built by FIAT (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino)
manufactured by Italian Group (ARGE-Italien); RF-104G first flight May 1965 coded KC+156 at FIAT, Turin-Caselle
project "Earl" (for MFG 2) as RF-104G with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system installed
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date July 27, 1965 by BABwFIAT
VB+217 MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date on September 6, 1965
21+22 Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3" in 1972
modified to MARINE-Recce version according tech order "TA-1401" with Side Oblique Camera (SOC) KS-87B on April 19, 1979, back to MFG 2 on June 6, 1979
to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 on March 18, 1983 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment modification
according tech order "TA-1469"; withdrawn from use and stored at LwSchleuse 11 on November 10, 1986 with 3.160 flight hours; struck off charge order (AVA) January 19, 1987
to Hellenic Air Force coded as "FG-6677" on June 2, 1987 to 116 Wing at Araxos AB; coded "RF-6677" in 1991
last flight from 116 CW to 132 CG (Agrinion HAF Detachment) on April 12, 1993; withdrawn from use on July 20, 1993; stored at Agrinion AB in 2000 noted
March 27, 2003 HAF HQ approved a F-104G to be displayed at Municipal of Glyfada, 10 km SE of Athens; it was transported to KEA Hellinikon for maintenance in May 2003
display at ETHM (HAF Telecommunications-Electronics Factory), Glyfada, 10 km SE of Athens coded "6677" in November 2008 first noted; July 2017 last noted.

copyright  Zetsche collection