F-104G 26+43 JaboG 34 near Schwangau in Bavaria

F-104G, construction number 683D-7303, company model 683-10-19, built by MBB (Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm)
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW, assembly start at MBB on March 9, 1971 in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 1; first flight June 14, 1971 at Manching AB
acceptance date July 27, 1971 as attrition replacement aircraft in Fighterbomber version for the Luftwaffe under project "Ikarus"
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date July 27, 1971 by BABwMBB
26+43 to JaboG 34 at Memmingen AB delivery date on July 28, 1971; JaboG 33 at Buchel AB on January 18, 1972
participated in the TWM 1972 with red JaboG 33 badges and 4 ATAF badge on intake at Florennes AB 18.till 29.September 1972
JaboG 34 at Memmingen AB on November 16, 1972; operated with flightdate and crash recorder LEADS 200 according tech order "TA-1411"
EL-70/EL-73 Electronic Counter Measure (ECM) system was installed in the weapon system in the late 70s with tech order "TA-FL1191"
stored at LwSchleuse 11 on September 20, 1985; withdrawn from use with 2.348 flight hours; struck off charge order (AVA) November 28, 1985
displayed at LwAusbRgt 1 as Gate Guard inside the "Lettow-Vorbeck" barracks Hamburg, Wansbeck coded "26+43" December 9, 1986
August 1989 noted as Gate Guard with training aid code "C026"; on pole at Heide in "Wulf Isebrand Kaserne" barracks of LwAusbRgt 1 in 1995
stored Luftwaffenmuseum der Bundeswehr Berlin-Gatow July 2001, preserved Militär Historisches Museum, Dresden in September 2004; January 2008 noted
October 2011 removed from the public display section; stored November 2014 last noted
stored "Militärhistorisches Museum der Bundeswehr" (Bundeswehr Museum of Military History) Berlin-Gatow January 2016 first noted.

note: in 2011 the "Luftwaffenmuseum der Bundeswehr" (Air Force Museum of the Bundeswehr) at Berlin-Gatow airfield is renamed as an autonomous branch of the
"Militärhistorisches Museum der Bundeswehr" (Bundeswehr Museum of Military History).

copyright © Mühlböck collection