F-104G 26+76 Marinefliegergeschwader 2 (MFG 2)

F-104G, construction number 683D-7422, model 683-10-19, built by MBB
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW; assembled by MBB-Manching starting January 20, 1972
first flight April 20, 1972 at MBB, assembly in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 8; manufactured as attrition replacement aircraft
modification level "Neptun" as Fighterbomber (for German Navy) with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system
Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3"; acceptance date July 28, 1972 by GPS-MBB
26+76 MFG 1 at Schleswig-Jagel AB delivery date on August 1, 1972; MFG 2 on August 6, 1981
May 4, 1982 to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment according tech order "TA-1469"
back to MFG 2 on June 24, 1982
Viking team aircraft for the 25th anniversary of Marineflieger Geschwader 2 on July 28, 1983 in normal camouflage; WTD 61 on May 14, 1987
withdrawn from use and preserved at LwSchleuse 11 on December 15, 1987; struck off charge order (AVA) February 24, 1988
to Hellenic Air Force on April 26, 1988 with 2.442 flight hours; operated by the 116.Pterix (Wing) at Araxos AB coded "FG-422"
withdrawn from use in 1993; stored Agrinion AB (LGAG) April 1996; stored Agrinion AB September 17, 2005 last noted
preserved at Aegean island of Leros beside a WWII museum (Merikia Museum) coded "FG-422" August 14, 2006 first noted
August 2011 last noted.

copyright © Jürgen Knizia