F-104G 26+78 MFG 2 "Vikings" at Sion AB, Switzerland, performing at the "Sion Air Meeting" in  June 1986

F-104G, construction number 683D-7424, model 683-10-19, built by MBB
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW; assembled by MBB-Manching starting February 9, 1972
manufactured as attrition replacement aircraft, assembly in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 8; first flight April 20, 1972 at MBB
modification level "Neptun" as Fighterbomber (for German Navy) with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system
Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3"
26+78 acceptance date May 31, 1972 by GPS-MBB; MFG 1 at Schleswig-Jagel AB delivery date on June 7, 1972; MFG 2 on September 24, 1980
May 19, 1983 to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment according tech order "TA-1469",
back to MFG 2 on July 17, 1983; withdrawn from use at LwSchleuse 11 on May 5, 1987 and stored; struck off charge order (AVA) January 5, 1988
to Hellenic Air Force on December 16, 1987 with 2.382 flight hours; operated by the 335 Mira (Squadron) of 116 Pterix (Wing) at Araxos AB coded "FG-7424"
last flight from 116 CW to 132 CG (Agrinion HAF Detachment) on April 7, 1993; withdrawn from use on July 20, 1993
July 7, 2005 it was transported to KEA Hellinikon for maintenance; preserved coded FG-424 in the town of Tripoli in a Silver color scheme, November 2007 first noted
taken down and returned to the Airbase on January 25, 2012; stored on Tripolis Airbase November 2015 last noted.

copyright © Markus Rindisbacher