F-104G 26+63 "Vikings" arriving for the demonstration at Neuburg AB (ETSN) September 27, 1986

F-104G, construction number 683D-7409, model 683-10-19, built by MBB (Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm)
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW; assembly start September 22, 1971 as attrition replacement aircraft
assembly in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 5; first flight November 22, 1971 at MBB
modification level "Neptun" as Fighterbomber (for German Navy) with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system
Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3"; acceptance date April 28, 1972 by GPS-MBB
26+63 MFG 1 at Schleswig-Jagel AB on May 4, 1972; MFlgLehrGrp Sylt on February 8, 1977
MFG 1 on August 3, 1979; MFG 2 at Eggebek AB September 23, 1981
Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment according tech order "TA-1469" on July 19, 1983,
back to MFG 2 on September 6, 1983
"Vikings" with a colorful paint scheme, symbolizing the colors of Schleswig-Holstein for the F-104 Farewell on September 11, 1986
stored in Navy camouflage scheme "TA-196-3" at LwSchleuse 11 with 2.052 flight hours November 26, 1986
struck off charge order (AVA) February 24, 1988
to HAF (Hellenic Air Force) on April 27, 1988 and stored at Athens
coded "FG-7409" for 116.Pterix (Wing) at Araxos AB in 1992; last flight and withdrawn from use April 8, 1993 at 132 CG (later HAF Detachment Agrinion); dump October 2017 last noted.

copyright © "Blacky" Schwarz