F-104F BF+011 at TSLw 1 Kaufbeuren AB with F-104D single piece canopy 1960

F-104F, construction number 283-5047, model 483-04-08, US serial number 59-4994, built by Lockheed
manufactured by Lockheed Aircraft Corporation (LAC), Burbank; acceptance date September 22, 1959 without test flights
with USAF serial number coded "59-4994" with F-104D canopy version; used as instructional airframe at Palmdale
coded BB+361 used for the training of the first German pilot conversion training at Palmdale in February 1960
airlifted to TSLw 1 at Kaufbeuren on January 18, 1960; coded BF+011 instructional airframe (GIA) with TSLw 1 without test flights
May 25, 1961 modified to F-104F standards at Messerschmitt
BB+375 to Messerschmitt January 1961 for several modification tests; first flight on February 13, 1964
ErpSt 61 at Manching  AB delivery date on July 20, 1964; WaSLw 10 (OTU Operational Training Unit) on March 4, 1965
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196" in 1965/66
29+01 withdrawn from use in april 1971 according government orders; struck off charge order (AVA) June 29, 1971
in 1971 to road show "Unsere Luftwaffe"; scrapped at LVR 3 at Erding AB in 1973
dump at Erding AB May 18, 1974 last noted; scrapped.

copyright © Mühlböck collection