F-104G JD+249 JG 74 after a "Barrier Engagement" at Neuburg AB  in July 1967

F-104G, construction number 683D-8231, model 683-10-19, built by Fokker
manufactured by North Group (ARGE-Nord); first flight March 16, 1964 coded KG+331 in AWX (All Weather Fighter) version
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date by BABwFokker (RNAF-MTA) May 28, 1964
LVR 3 (Luftwaffenversorgungsregiment 3) Manching on June 9, 1964 for modifications
JD+249 JG 74 at Neuburg AB delivery date on July 10, 1964; heavy damaged on May 25, 1966 after skidding off the runway at Neuburg AB
repaired by Messerschmitt and back to JG 74
24+81 struck off charge order (AVA) December 4, 1973
withdrawn from use at LVR 1 on December 17, 1974 with 1.549 flight hours
with tail of construction number 8199 (24+52) and nose from construction number 8247 (24+94 RF-104G)
in 1977 as decoy "DA+05" to Norvenich AB, training aid code "C035"
coded as "N104RB" (Red Baron) special scheme for an international amateur pilots meeting on May 8, Mai 1982
the tail was exchanged against the one from construction number 9134 (26+06),
when the aircraft was restored in 1982 and painted up as "Red Baron"
1988 temporary at Butzweilerhof airfield for the opening of the museum there; preserved near the tower of Norvenich AB in the 90s
1997 the aircraft got new colours and a new code for the 40th anniversary of 312 ALMA-Squadron as "DA+231"
code "DA+231" was chosen because this was the first number for the 312 Squadron, where the aircraft is displayed
new painted tail "1957-2007 50 years 2nd sqn FBW 31" November 30, 2007; October 2016 last noted.

JaboG 31 renamed Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwader 31 „Boelcke“ (TaktLwG 31 „B“) October 1, 2013

copyright © Johann Wohlmuth