RF-104G VB+221 Marinefliegergeschwader 2 (MFG 2)

RF-104G, construction number 683D-6687, model 683-04-10, built by FIAT (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino)
manufactured by Italian Group (ARGE-Italien)
RF-104G first flight June 23, 1965 by FIAT at Turin-Caselle coded KC+160
project "Earl" (for MFG 2) as RF-104G with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti ship missile delivery system installed
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date August 31, 1965 by BABwFIAT
VB+221 MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date on September 6, 1965
21+26 Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3" in 1972
modified to MARINE-Recce version according tech order "TA-1401" with Side Oblique Camera (SOC) KS-87B
on June 12, 1979 at MBB, back to MFG 2 on November 8, 1979
to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 on February 9, 1983 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser
equipment modification according tech order "TA-1469", back to MFG 2 on March 15, 1983
withdrawn from use and stored at LwSchleuse 11 on December 10, 1986 with 3.039 flight hours
struck off charge order (AVA) February 21, 1989; BDRT reserve aircraft at Fassberg AB June 26, 1989 for TSLw 3
cockpit private owned by Matthias Wessels, Ahaus in December 1993 via VEBEG
December 5, 2006 noted at Gronau; October 2015 last noted.

copyright  MFG 2 archive